Seeking Qualified Professionals to Join Our Educational Family.
The Shear Ego International School is growing! We are actively seeking qualified professionals to join our educational family. We are passionate about our work and we invite those who share our vision for learning excellence to join our team. We are always accepting resumes and encourage you stop by our school to fill out an application. We will contact you if a position matching your qualifications with our needs becomes available! To be considered for a position on our team, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shear Ego International School is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law, in all personnel actions.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE:
Shear Ego International School is seeking a motivated, passionate individual to join our team of beauty educators! Our Cosmetology Instructor position involves providing instruction including theory and practical training through utilization of the Milady curriculum, along with lesson plans provided by our school. Our instructors are also expected to ensure school policies are being followed at all times.
An individual who has a solid understanding of what an excellent education environment looks and feels like is what we are looking for. Through teamwork, our staff ensures that all supplies and necessary tools are available to provide the best possible education to our students, as they are our number one priority. All of our program instructors will work closely to ensure true success for all!
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare, administer, and grade examinations for students enrolled in the course(s) you are teaching
- Accurately complete assigned tasks and job duties
- Arrive timely to work each day and maintain regular attendance
- Organize and prepare for each class
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the school’s mission statement and objectives and strive to achieve them at all times
- Consistently teach and follow the school’s curriculum using all provided teaching methods
- Gain a working knowledge of the school’s Satisfactory Academic Progress policy, standards of conduct, practical course requirements, grading policies and criteria, and state regulations
- Comply with school regulations/policies in completing continuing education courses
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid New York State license in Cosmetology
- Two or more years of continuous salon experience preferred
All qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com for immediate consideration along with salary requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!”
Front Desk Coordinator
We are seeking a motivated, passionate individual to join our team! This position involves assisting our administrative staff with inbound phone call routing as well as assisting our clients in checking in and paying for hair, skin, and/or nail appointments. Our front desk coordinator will work closely with our admissions and financial aid departments as well as our instructors and students to ensure success for all! Through teamwork, our front desk coordinator ensures that all phone and client interactions are handled professionally and promptly to keep our school running smoothly. An adaptable, reliable individual who can multitask and perform tasks with a high level of accuracy is what we are looking for!
Candidates must have be able to work a variety of day and evening shifts, and must be available to work on Saturdays.
- Answering and routing calls from prospective students and general business contacts to their respective departments
- Assisting clients in scheduling and checking into salon services as well as paying for salon services and products
- Quickly and accurately taking notes of inbound calls and entering data into various trackers and systems
- Performing accurate daily opening and closing procedures related to systems operations and payment software
- Completing various additional administrative duties as assigned
For over 30 years as a proprietary school in the Cosmetology Industry, Shear Ego International School's consistent goal and mission is to deliver quality education to our students while maintaining the highest level of standards for our team members and students. Whether you are a part of the administrative staff or the educational staff--we all play a part in our students' success and journey here at Shear Ego International School! Our school is continuing to grow at a rapid rate--and with that growth comes a higher volume of students seeking and entrusting their education to us. With that being said, we are looking to grow our wonderful team! As an Admissions Representative at Shear Ego International School, you will report directly to the Director of Admissions/School Director in correspondence with all job responsibilities. Responsibilities and requirements will include, but are not limited to:
- Must have an upbeat, outgoing, positive outlook and personality!
- Self motivated, works well with fellow teammates, highly organized candidate with a high level of time management capabilities and attention to detail.
- Desire for growth, opportunity and improvement as an Admissions Representative.
- Daily review of Admissions Calendar and preparation of all materials needed for interviews, enrollments, and tours.
- Confirmation calls/emails for admissions and financial aid appointments scheduled.
- Follow up calls/emails with perspective students.
- Responsible for scheduling of first time interviews, tours, and enrollment processes, along with the scheduling of financial aid appointments in conjunction with enrollment.
- Will need to be able to complete a tour with a student without the aid of the Director of Admissions.
- Responsible for some data entry into applicable student based systems, along with the daily tracking of missing documents reports, active missing documents reports, incoming ISIR reports.
- Reviewing daily communication tracker and returning phone calls/emails that pertain to the admissions process. Will also be responsible for logging accurate messages and information on communication tracker.
- Preparation of student account folders and weekly auditing of perspective student folders.
- Responsible for relay calling of prior student inquiries to set up potential first time appointments.
- Creating student orientation folders for class starts and participate in leading student orientations.
- Assisting with Exit Interview Preparation.
- Responsible for community outreach efforts with high school, various student programs, and colleges.
- Will be expected to participate in any and all job fair efforts including on site and off site.
- Scheduling and coordinating admissions events on site and off site.
- Possible assistance with student kit inventory and preparation for class starts.
- Will be required to obtain a New York State Agent's License.
- Additional items may be added and will be required if the position does grow into an Admissions Representative position.